Here is a quick summary of Online Merchandising Marketing strategies:
• Omnichannel: available in literally every touchpoint that a customer wants to interact with the brand. This likely includes a brick-and-mortar presence, website, social, phone and more. This also includes the notion of a customer being able to easily switch channels through their buying process.
• Multichannel: non-integrated touch points. A customer cannot switch channels through the buying process. This more has to do with silos of communication than anything else.
• Affiliate marketing: using incentives such as cashback and other rewards to encourage people to recommend your brand.
• Social marketing: the use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc) to spread the word about your company and interact with customers.
• Email marketing: the use of email to continue brand awareness. This remains as one of the most effective means of communication.
• Word of mouth marketing: the most effective marketing strategy. A customer loves your brand so much that they tell others about it.